On Twitter, @fionawb suggested a #blog12daysxmas activity, so to blog from 25th December 2010 – 6th January 2011. She will be pursuing a Christmas theme, however we are all open to interpret it how we will.
Since I have about half a dozen professional posts in my never-ending To-Do list and I have 10 days off work I am excited to join in on the fun 🙂
Topics that I have tumbling around in my head for the posts are:
- Reflecting on the research process & the learning I’m experiencing through my Conference Mentoring project
- Summary of #QULOC professional development activities I participated in back in November
- Then perhaps snowballing from that thinking about the use of tweets as notes
- Professional development “days” vs. embedded professional development learning into daily practice
- Professional/Personal development – intertwined and the personality question
- I’ve been thinking about search methodology, and how I don’t think it’s taught and practiced properly by all LIS professionals. Very strict search methodology seems limited to certain fields… thinking about the methodology of search then informing the methodology of independent research… Ideas around the rigor of research in the LIS field and how if we want good LIS literature we need to ensure LIS students are learning not just the theory but the how-to. Rigor in practice then informs rigor in research. This idea needs a fair amount of hashing out in my brain but if I can figure it out it may very well be an interesting post!
I’m sure I’ll come up with more so stay tuned!